Downtown Parking Program
The City is investigating how to optimize parking in downtown Glenwood Springs. This follows the completion of the MOVE study which included several preliminary recommendations for managed parking and many community conversations over the years about the challenges of downtown parking.
City Council will be asked on Thursday, January 6, 2022 to make a decision to move forward or not with the pricing of a small paid parking program downtown.
Thursday’s meeting will be held virtually. You can find login/call in information below.
During the work session on November 18, staff presented City Council with community feedback received so far and updates from investigating program development. From that meeting, some of the Council wanted to have an option of moving forward slowly with a paid/managed parking program, while some of the Council were opposed to paid parking entirely.
Two suggested small program options will be presented.
- Program 1 - Enforce the regulations we have. (Not budget neutral)
- Add another parking management officer for the downtown area.
- Add license plate recognition vehicles and software for two officers
- Add software for ticket management to allow easier collection and the ability to increase fines for repeat offenders.
- The DDA has indicated that they may be willing to help the City with the costs of better managing the regulations we have.
- Program 2 – Small Paid / Managed Parking Program (Potentially budget neutral)
- Add all of the items from Program 1
- Add paid parking from 9th to 7th, as well as paid parking in the City's parking structure and off street lots.
- Add management of free employee permits at the 7th Street wastewater lift station lot.
January 6, 2022 City Council Meeting Zoom Information
When: Jan 6, 2022 04:15 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Topic: 2022/01/06 Regular Council Work Session - PM
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or One tap mobile:
+16699006833,,82708118317# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,82708118317# US (Tacoma)
Or join by phone:
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799
Webinar ID: 827 0811 8317
International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdQ0vsPOme