Crime Stoppers of Garfield County is a non-profit, community-based program whose primary purpose is to collect anonymous tips to help solve crimes. The organization uses funds received through contributions from the community to pay for:
- Telephone lines for the collection of information through anonymous tips which help the law enforcement community to arrest and file criminal charges against those responsible for committing those crimes.
- Rewards for information leading to the arrest and filing of charges against persons committing crimes.
- Scholarships given to local school districts for qualifying students interested in the field of law enforcement. (When funding is available)
The program works through the coordinated efforts of:
- Citizens and businesses who volunteer their time and expertise in an effort to positively impact our communities.
- Law enforcement agencies and individuals who provide necessary information and follow-through.
- Media sources who publicize the “Crime of the Week” and Crime Stoppers efforts throughout the County.