On September 22, 2018, the City of Glenwood Springs will return to Stage 1 Fire Restrictions due to continuously dry weather conditions and extremely low fuel moisture levels in local vegetation. Stage 1 fire restrictions will be in place until further notice.
The following restrictions shall be strictly enforced:
- No fires/campfires/stove fires. Personal gas and charcoal grills in developed areas are allowed.
- No smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building or in an area at least 3 feet in diameter and that is barren or cleared of vegetation.
- No operating of any combustion engine, including chainsaws, without an approved spark arrester properly installed, a chemical pressurized fire extinguisher, and a round-point shovel readily available for use.
- No welding or operating acetylene or other torch with an open flame except in cleared areas of at least 10 feet in diameter and in possession of a chemical pressurized fire extinguisher.
- No use of an explosive (ex. blasting caps, exploding targets, tracer rounds, model rockets, etc.).
- No fireworks. Toy caps, sparklers and smoke snakes shall be permitted.
Fire restriction violations can be reported to the Glenwood Springs Police Department at (970) 384-6500 or to the Garfield County Dispatch non-emergency line at (970) 625-8095.
Please be aware Garfield County has already enacted Stage 1 Restrictions.